What's happening in Canada

Discussion of current events
Mr. Perfect

What's happening in Canada

Post by Mr. Perfect » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:42 pm

I haven't followed Canadian politics in ages, but this seems weird.

Mr. Perfect

Re: What's happening in Canada

Post by Mr. Perfect » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:53 pm

This seems pretty serious.

Milo

Post by Milo » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:04 am

In general the left in Canada are so feckless that even a inept businessperson can bluster his way to a win. That scenario should be familiar to Americans!

The real story here is the slow but steady progress of the Greens. It will be awhile before they form a government anywhere but their susstainsble, centrist platform has nowhere to go but up.

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:39 pm

It's astonishing, I thought the liberals had taken over Canada like Democrats own California.

But now from Brexit to Canada to Italy to Austria to Hungary the Trump Buchanan Perot ideology seems to be steamrolling everyone.

Milo

Post by Milo » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:09 pm

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:39 pm
It's astonishing, I thought the liberals had taken over Canada like Democrats own California.

But now from Brexit to Canada to Italy to Austria to Hungary the Trump Buchanan Perot ideology seems to be steamrolling everyone.
I would characterize it as the left committing suicide through completely inverted priorities. Still it is functionally the same.

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:31 pm

Interesting perspective.

What I find myself wondering is from where i sit liberals of all western variety seem to only have one issue left, that is LBGTWTF.

Whatever you may think of that from what I've been able to find, LBGTWTF is about 1-3% of the population and I don't know how you win elections with 1-3% of the electorate.

Gay Marriage is probably the only real issue for them, codifying dozens of genders into a law is a snoozer nobody can really understand, so the left has planted it's flag with a tiny demographic that already got what it supposedly wanted.

Looking at the left I don't see them advancing any concrete ideas that would appeal to middle class or low income voters. Their street rabble seem to only know about LGBTWTF and their media elites are furiously advancing abstractions like corporate trade, mass migration and global entities, which whatever you think of that has zero to do with the daily lives of working voters.

So perhaps leftism is going down to it's death.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:59 pm

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:39 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

the Trump Buchanan Perot ideology you say - now what's that? I thought that Trump and associates represented a vacuous, chaotic absence of reflective thought on all issues: in effect, an ideaology-free zone.

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:12 pm

Lol then you thought totally wrong and are now paying the price for it.

Milo

Post by Milo » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:30 pm

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:31 pm
Interesting perspective.

What I find myself wondering is from where i sit liberals of all western variety seem to only have one issue left, that is LBGTWTF.

Whatever you may think of that from what I've been able to find, LBGTWTF is about 1-3% of the population and I don't know how you win elections with 1-3% of the electorate.

Gay Marriage is probably the only real issue for them, codifying dozens of genders into a law is a snoozer nobody can really understand, so the left has planted it's flag with a tiny demographic that already got what it supposedly wanted.

Looking at the left I don't see them advancing any concrete ideas that would appeal to middle class or low income voters. Their street rabble seem to only know about LGBTWTF and their media elites are furiously advancing abstractions like corporate trade, mass migration and global entities, which whatever you think of that has zero to do with the daily lives of working voters.

So perhaps leftism is going down to it's death.
Well there's also BLM, except nothing seems to please them. Again I have to agree.

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:14 pm

During a G7 podium session Trump decried the fate of dairy producers in the face of Canadian tarriffs, and actually sounded like he cared about people that milk cows.

Cow milkers used to be the bread and butter of the Democrat party, pardon the pun. Now cow milkers are openly ridiculed by Colbert/Maher/Olbermann/DeGrasse Tyson et al.

It's astonishing to watch Donald Trump of all people take up their mantle from the party of FDR. Maybe it was always a scam.