Should unchaperoned mixing between the sexes be banned?

Discussion of current events
Doc

Should unchaperoned mixing between the sexes be banned?

Post by Doc » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:06 am

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48954303
US politician Foster demands chaperone for interview with female reporter
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

lzzrdgrrl

Re: Should unchaperoned mixing between the sexes be banned?

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:53 am

If you wish to be a person of authority, you have to be trustworthy and you have to be responsible. If you have neither of these things and you have authority that doesn't make you a powerful person, that just makes you a dangerous beast.....

Expect to be treated accordingly.......
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

Doc

Post by Doc » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:50 pm

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:53 am
If you wish to be a person of authority, you have to be trustworthy and you have to be responsible. If you have neither of these things and you have authority that doesn't make you a powerful person, that just makes you a dangerous beast.....

Expect to be treated accordingly.......
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/why-it-m ... ae031d949c
The no-eating-with-another-woman rule was made popular by evangelical pastor Billy Graham in 1948, as part of the “Modesto Manifesto.” According to the Christian History Institute:

The most famous provision of the manifesto called for each man on the Graham team never to be alone with a woman other than his wife. Graham, from that day forward, pledged not to eat, travel, or meet with a woman other than Ruth unless other people were present. This pledge guaranteed Graham’s sexual probity and enabled him to dodge accusations that have waylaid evangelists before and since.

The provision, which came to be known as The Billy Graham Rule, allowed Graham to use his dashing looks to his advantage without cultivating an over-sexualized persona that other evangelicals might not have taken kindly to. (There are some Muslims who adhere to a similar only-dine-with-wives-and-relatives guideline, though one can assume such a disclosure would not elicit such a strong defense from the right.)
American evangelist Billy Graham and his wife Ruth. New York, New York, May 18, 1966.
Pictorial Parade via Getty Images
American evangelist Billy Graham and his wife Ruth. New York, New York, May 18, 1966.

This history makes it all-the-more clear that this do-not-dine-with-women rule is predicated on the idea that the company of women is always first and foremost about sex.
Something might happen or maybe not. Something did happen or maybe it didn't? Who is to say?
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

lzzrdgrrl

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:45 pm

This history makes it all-the-more clear that this do-not-dine-with-women rule is predicated on the idea that the company of women is always first and foremost about sex.
Yeah, but I'm looking at this from the feminist viewpoint.....'>........

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:11 pm

A Republican candidate for Mississippi governor has refused to be interviewed by a female reporter unless she brings a male colleague with her.

Larrison Campbell, 40, said she had asked to shadow Robert Foster on a 15-hour "ride-a-long" on his campaign, but was denied because of her sex.

Mr Foster said he was acting out of precaution and he did not want to raise any suspicions about his marriage.

"This is my truck, and in my truck we go by my rules," he said on CNN.

During the CNN interview with Ms Campbell and Mr Foster on Thursday, the 36-year-old gubernatorial candidate cited his religion and faith, arguing he had made a vow to his wife to not be alone with someone of the opposite sex.

He cited the late Christian evangelist Billy Graham, who had said he would not spend time alone with any woman who was not his wife, as well as Vice-President Mike Pence, who has said he will not eat alone with a woman other than his wife.
Hard to believe that they could be so preoccupied with public image. It speaks to me of widespread sexual immaturity in those parts.

Doc

Post by Doc » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:01 pm

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:45 pm
Feminists like Gloria Allred and Michael Avenatti? Seems more like they would mostly worried about going broke.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:45 am

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:45 pm
Take sex away and 90% of the women are as interesting as a grain of sand in the desert... :twisted:

lzzrdgrrl

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:40 pm

Women are sexual beings, but they also want to be persons of consequense. Now, if you limit your options between whore and tyrant..... you know what most men and many women will choose....'>.........

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:01 pm

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:40 pm
Women are sexual beings, but they also want to be persons of consequense. Now, if you limit your options between whore and tyrant..... you know what most men and many women will choose....'>.........
How about a combo of whore and tyrant? Bring it on . . .