Shouldn't the US take in smart people as immigrants?

Discussion of current events
cassowary

Shouldn't the US take in smart people as immigrants?

Post by cassowary » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:40 pm

The Elephant in the Southern Border
Why do the public discussions of immigration overwhelmingly focus on our Southern border while the influx of almost equal numbers of Asians, Europeans, and Indians goes unnoticed? Why fixate on Hispanics?

The prevailing explanation, at least the one advanced publicly by Donald Trump and his supporters, is that Hispanic immigrants are disproportionately inclined toward criminality and long-term welfare dependency vis-à-vis other immigrant groups.

The elephant in the room is the low I.Q. of these would-be future Americans. Specifically, the average I.Q. in central American countries – Honduras 81, El Salvador 81, Guatemala 79, for example – would assign these migrants and their offspring to the "educable" or mildly retarded category in schools, unable to master all but the basics (Mexico might be a small exception with an average I.Q. of 88).
It makes sense to me to let in smarter people. I am advocating setting an immigration policy based on say, educational level or perhaps income level in the home country. Any person, regardless of race, is qualified to apply for US citizenship if they meet some minimum level of education or financial success. Isn't this better than letting in anyone who walks across the border?

Eugenics policies were introduced in Singapore and China in the last years of the 20th century. By the way, Singaporeans top the IQ chart.

Mr. Perfect

Re: Shouldn't the US take in smart people as immigrants?

Post by Mr. Perfect » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:39 am

We don't need any immigrants at all.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:23 am

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:39 am
Pity Native-Americans were not capable of imposing that principle... :twisted:

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:06 pm

I think a lot of them tried.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:01 pm

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:39 am
I thought America is a land of immigrants.

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:25 pm

That's what I'm told. Personally I don't know any immigrants.

Immigration has fluctuated a lot in our history, right now I don't think we need any more. We are fine.

The immigrants we get now form ethnic voting blocs and vote Democrat, and I am under no obligation whatsoever to support that.

No more immigration.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:31 pm

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:25 pm
That's what I'm told. Personally I don't know any immigrants.

Immigration has fluctuated a lot in our history, right now I don't think we need any more. We are fine.

The immigrants we get now form ethnic voting blocs and vote Democrat, and I am under no obligation whatsoever to support that.

No more immigration.
That's why the Democrats want to give amnesty to the illegals - to get votes. It will ruin America and they don't care. Accept high-income immigrants. These will support tax cuts and hopefully spending cuts too.

These will pay more taxes too. Each citizen pays taxes and also costs the state money. You want people who are net payers into the public treasury and not net takers from the public treasury. Accept only millionaires, billionaires and people who can earn $100,000 per year.

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:51 pm

We don't even need those. I think we just need to take a time out.

Milo

Post by Milo » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:57 pm

I have never subscribed to the idea that immigration is a human right of some sort nor to the idea that all immigration is good.

I actually agree with Trump on this one for the most part.

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:28 pm

Traditionally Republicans (voters as opposed to establishment) opposed illegal immigration vehemently, but could never put the pieces together politically to fix the problem. This is a big reason for Trump's nomination, but not all.

For our history the US takes about the same amount of legal immigrants no matter who is in office, so when Democrats say GOP is anti immigrant they are lying again.

Traditionally the GOP has been pro legal immigration, anti illegal immigration.

But that's changing. As I mentioned before even legal immigrants now are more likely to form ethnic blocs and vote Democrat while continually airing a long list of grievances against the United States based on where they came from.

Personally had enough. If you don't come here hat in hand effusing gratitude for the privilege to be here while having at least 50% change of voting GOP then I say to you F-O-A-D. Pls google if you don't know what that means.