a Turkey waits to be plucked.

Post Reply
neverfail
Posts: 2162
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

a Turkey waits to be plucked.

Post by neverfail » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:52 am

China will buy Turkey on the cheap

With help from Beijing, Erdogan is hoping to find an alternative to IMF loans, one that could turn Turkey into 'an economic satrapy of China'

http://www.atimes.com/article/china-wil ... the-cheap/

Bring it on?

User avatar
Milo
Posts: 1246
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: a Turkey waits to be plucked.

Post by Milo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:57 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:52 am
China will buy Turkey on the cheap

With help from Beijing, Erdogan is hoping to find an alternative to IMF loans, one that could turn Turkey into 'an economic satrapy of China'

http://www.atimes.com/article/china-wil ... the-cheap/

Bring it on?
Turkey is not allowed to say that only charity form the Gulf States got it this far.

Trump has helped his buddy Erdogan the other day by increasing sanctions; confirming Erdogan's accusations of economic warfare against it.

This authoritarian club of Erdogan, Trump and Putin (and junior partner Duterte) is rather scary to me. I just hope some uppance comes for Trump before his supporters let him pass his 'enabling act'!

neverfail
Posts: 2162
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Re: a Turkey waits to be plucked.

Post by neverfail » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:55 am

Milo wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:57 pm
neverfail wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:52 am
China will buy Turkey on the cheap

With help from Beijing, Erdogan is hoping to find an alternative to IMF loans, one that could turn Turkey into 'an economic satrapy of China'

http://www.atimes.com/article/china-wil ... the-cheap/

Bring it on?
Turkey is not allowed to say that only charity form the Gulf States got it this far.

Trump has helped his buddy Erdogan the other day by increasing sanctions; confirming Erdogan's accusations of economic warfare against it.

This authoritarian club of Erdogan, Trump and Putin (and junior partner Duterte) is rather scary to me. I just hope some uppance comes for Trump before his supporters let him pass his 'enabling act'!
:lol:

I doubt whether Trump could ever persuade even a Republican controlled Congress to give him such an enormous blank cheque, Milo.

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 1386
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Northern Virginia, USA and Dominica, West Indies
Contact:

Re: a Turkey waits to be plucked.

Post by SteveFoerster » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:16 am

neverfail wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:55 am
Milo wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:57 pm
This authoritarian club of Erdogan, Trump and Putin (and junior partner Duterte) is rather scary to me. I just hope some uppance comes for Trump before his supporters let him pass his 'enabling act'!
:lol:

I doubt whether Trump could ever persuade even a Republican controlled Congress to give him such an enormous blank cheque, Milo.
Agreed. For the most part, Congressional Republicans don't actually like him at all, they're just scared to alienate his base.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

neverfail
Posts: 2162
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Re: a Turkey waits to be plucked.

Post by neverfail » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:09 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:16 am
neverfail wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:55 am
Milo wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:57 pm
This authoritarian club of Erdogan, Trump and Putin (and junior partner Duterte) is rather scary to me. I just hope some uppance comes for Trump before his supporters let him pass his 'enabling act'!
:lol:

I doubt whether Trump could ever persuade even a Republican controlled Congress to give him such an enormous blank cheque, Milo.
Agreed. For the most part, Congressional Republicans don't actually like him at all, they're just scared to alienate his base.
You know Steve, considering what a cleft stick Congressional Republicans have been caught in since Trump was elected that way, wouldn't you say that they have on the whole done a laudable job in curbing the worst of Trump's excesses?

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 1386
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Northern Virginia, USA and Dominica, West Indies
Contact:

Re: a Turkey waits to be plucked.

Post by SteveFoerster » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:09 pm

neverfail wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:09 pm
SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:16 am
neverfail wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:55 am
Milo wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:57 pm
This authoritarian club of Erdogan, Trump and Putin (and junior partner Duterte) is rather scary to me. I just hope some uppance comes for Trump before his supporters let him pass his 'enabling act'!
:lol:

I doubt whether Trump could ever persuade even a Republican controlled Congress to give him such an enormous blank cheque, Milo.
Agreed. For the most part, Congressional Republicans don't actually like him at all, they're just scared to alienate his base.
You know Steve, considering what a cleft stick Congressional Republicans have been caught in since Trump was elected that way, wouldn't you say that they have on the whole done a laudable job in curbing the worst of Trump's excesses?
Not at all on the trade war, not in military interventionism (although they don't disagree with that), and not on tax cuts without spending cuts. So... no, not really. But perhaps we're thinking of different things?
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Post Reply