John McCain your name is "Swamp Mudd"

Discussion of current events
Doc

John McCain your name is "Swamp Mudd"

Post by Doc » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:25 pm

https://truepundit.com/mccain-illegally ... ed-mccain/

McCain illegally fed Classified FBI intelligence to Fusion GPS and Christopher Steele to Set Up Trump Tower Meeting; FBI Brass Helped Plot Scheme
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

SteveFoerster

Re: John McCain your name is "Swamp Mudd"

Post by SteveFoerster » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:41 am

An article in True Pundit that relies on anonymous sources? Is there anything more compelling than this?
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:13 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:41 am
An article in True Pundit that relies on anonymous sources? Is there anything more compelling than this?
Steve, was not John McCain the Vietnam War veteran who was held in a North Vietnamese prison for years and tortured cruelly by his captors whilst there?

A man like that who has endured so much for his country deserves far more respect than I have seen him get from his critics and detractors so far on this website.

Milo

Post by Milo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:25 pm

neverfail wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:13 pm
SteveFoerster wrote:
Steve, was not John McCain the Vietnam War veteran who was held in a North Vietnamese prison for years and tortured cruelly by his captors whilst there?

A man like that who has endured so much for his country deserves far more respect than I have seen him get from his critics and detractors so far on this website.
This is what anyone who dares criticize Trump gets from his supporters!

Doc

Post by Doc » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:00 pm

neverfail wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:

McCain's chief of staff was outed as being behind the IRS Tea party scandal. After that McCain is fair game. Particularly given McCain was so publicly outraged by the scandal
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:03 pm

Milo wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:25 pm
neverfail wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:

Yes, given the penchant in US politics for reprehensible mud slinging I could, with disapproval, anticipate those active in politics to tell scurrolous lies about their opponents. But for regular participants on this discussion website I could have hoped for a more laudable standard of behaviour.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:07 pm

Doc wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:00 pm
neverfail wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:

McCain's chief of staff was outed as being behind the IRS Tea party scandal. After that McCain is fair game. Particularly given McCain was so publicly outraged by the scandal
Guilt by association? That's the kind of mud slinging I deplore.

Doc, just because spokespersons for the Republican Party routinely smear and slander prominent Democrats in their quest for power by any means fair or foul; does that mean that as Republican supporter you need to lower yourself down to their reprehensible level of behaviour?

Doc

Post by Doc » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:15 pm

neverfail wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:03 pm
Milo wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:25 pm
neverfail wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:

Yes, given the penchant in US politics for reprehensible mud slinging I could, with disapproval, anticipate those active in politics to tell scurrolous lies about their opponents. But for regular participants on this discussion website I could have hoped for a more laudable standard of behaviour.
My issue is this McCain's cheif of staff tried and laaargely succeeded in suppressing the free speech of those that were against Obama and particularly Obamacare in 2012. McCain's claim to fame is that he was a war hero a prisoner of war defending America's freedom. Yet he became a congressman and then a senator on that claim SO apparently his motives for what he did in Vietnam are not as advertised.

Did you know that Adolf Hitler was a "War Hero" in WWI? He received many medals. Not to compare McCain to Hitler exactly. Just to point out that actions in war don't always translate to the ideals they are built up to be. My biggest thing against him until the IRS stuff came out is that his angry is more important to him than doing his job as a senator.

Doc

Post by Doc » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:17 pm

neverfail wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:07 pm
Doc wrote:
neverfail wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:

Doc, just because spokespersons for the Republican Party routinely smear and slander prominent Democrats in their quest for power by any means fair or foul; does that mean that as Republican supporter you need to lower yourself down to their reprehensible level of behaviour?
It was not his spokesperson It was his chief of staff. The Chief of staff would have not done this without so being ordered to. My suspision is that money changed hands to see Obama got reelected. Ever heard of the Keating 5?

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:18 pm

Doc wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:17 pm
neverfail wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:07 pm
Doc wrote:
neverfail wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:

It was not his spokesperson It was his chief of staff. The Chief of staff would have not done this without so being ordered to. My suspision is that money changed hands to see Obama got reelected. Ever heard of the Keating 5?
I am pleased that you responded with equanimity doc.

"Money changed hands?" Well doc, all political parties need to raise money to fund their election bids - even out here. Are you insinuating that bribery took place instead of normal fund raising?

No, of course I have never heard of the Keating 5. We who are not Americans, unless we are political scientists, diplomats, journalists or in a similar profession normally have no reason to be interested in the petty details of US politics.

Come to think of it, not many foreigners would have such a strong stomach.