Propaganda / Russian hacking Mega thread

Discussion of current events
Sertorio

Re: Propaganda

Post by Sertorio » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:52 am

If Russia is in any way responsible for Hillary's defeat I think we must publicly thank Russia and Putin for having made the world a lot safer!... :lol:

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:45 am

Good point, Sertorio. If Putin helped the US to deny Hillary the POTUS job, well, here's a straight-up glass of vodka to Vlad's good health.

SteveFoerster

Re: Russian Hacking

Post by SteveFoerster » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:59 am

Milo wrote:I find your personalization of this disconcerting.
Strangely, I heard that in Darth Vader voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0XuKORufGk
Three huge intelligence agencies collaborate on a report, a report that must have involved numerous peoples' input and your reaction is to make it a contest between two individuals, neither of whom you know at all I suspect.
If you're asking me whether I know James Clapper and Glenn Greenwald personally, no, I don't. But if that were required to hold an opinion of a public figure, then what would the point be of holding elections at all?
Your conclusion is that one person is more trustworthy than the institutional output.
That depends on the person, and on the institution. Moreover, "Glenn Greenwald" also tacitly includes everyone else at The Intercept. If I had said that would that be better? Or if I'd said Reason magazine?

Even more complicated, sometimes institutions are more reliable on some topics than others. For example, I may take their A-section with a grain of salt, but I'm perfectly confident of the news I read in the Metro section of the Washington Post.
I have much more confidence in the product of numerous people, placed in different, competing institutions: checks and balances.
You believe that U.S. espionage and law enforcement agencies are trustworthy. I think, to put it mildly, that this is the triumph of hope over experience.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Booklady

Post by Booklady » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:47 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:Good point, Sertorio. If Putin helped the US to deny Hillary the POTUS job, well, here's a straight-up glass of vodka to Vlad's good health.
:lol: :lol:

We all know who's really to blame, Jim.

If it hadn't been for all the Hillary secret emails he had in his computer, history might be different!

:mrgreen:

You just can't make this up, man!
A saucer of cream will do for me, thank you for your kindness.

Booklady

Post by Booklady » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:55 pm

"Carlos Danger" Did It!
If you are among the millions of Americans trying to understand how Hillary's e-mail crimes morphed into a Russian hack of the U.S. Presidential election, please read on.

On Friday afternoon, "the intelligence community" released it's report on Russian efforts to hack last November's Presidential election. The report said in part:
“We assess Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered an influence campaign in 2016 aimed at the US presidential election. Russia’s goals were to undermine public faith in the US democratic process, denigrate Secretary Clinton, and harm her electability and potential presidency. We further assess Putin and the Russian Government developed a clear preference for President-elect Trump”.
The report was released just one day after top intelligence officials, including Director of National Intelligence James Clapper (already an admitted perjurer) and National Security Agency Director Michael Rogers, testified before the Senate Armed Services Committee on the issue. Clapper told the Senators that the intelligence community has grown more "resolute" in its assessment that Russian intelligence was involved in the hacks aimed at the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta. The "intelligence community" released no evidence to support this charge and refused to identify even one example of Russian interference. The clear intent was to demonize Russia and, by extension, to damage Donald Trump.

If one looks at this in the right frame of mind, it is almost too funny for words. There is absolutely no evidence in the report or in the testimony to remotely suggest that the Russian government (or private Russian citizens, for that matter) released Hillary Clinton's e-mail to Wikileaks and that is what this kerfuffle is all about. For his part, Wikileaks' Julian Assange has repeatedly denied that Hillary's embarrassing e-mails were provided by Russians.
Yep, you can't make up this crap. What a can of Keystone Cops these people are.
A far more likely source is former Congressman and serial sexter Anthony Weiner (aka "Carlos Danger"), the estranged husband of Hillary Clinton's closest aide, Huma Abedin. Weiner possesses all the attributes of a prime suspect in this caper. He had:

Complete access to Hillary's e-mails;
Motive (revenge); 
And plenty of Opportunity. 

The "intelligence community" is well aware of Weiner's potential involvement because the FBI found copies of virtually all of Hillary's e-mails on a laptop computer that Weiner and Abedin shared. By the way, has anyone seen either Weiner or Abedin lately?
And going back to the reason this is out? This all happened because Hillary Clinton circumvented State Department protocol and made her emails, and any fool who responded, accessible to any hacker. Podesta's password, was password. :roll:

Folks, we pay these people to take care of our country. Just think about this. Is it any wonder that Trump won?

DMadmin

Propaganda / Russian hacking Mega thread

Post by DMadmin » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:34 pm

This is a merge of the two threads that seem to be covering the same topic.

Booklady

Re: Propaganda / Russian hacking Mega thread

Post by Booklady » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:17 pm

Doc

Re: Propaganda / Russian hacking Mega thread

Post by Doc » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:06 pm

History repeats even WRT "Fake News"
We demand that there be a legal campaign against those who propagate deliberate political lies and disseminate them through the press. In order to make possible the creation of a German press, we demand:

(a) All editors and their assistants on newspapers published in the German language shall be German citizens.

(b) Non-German newspapers shall only be published with the express permission of the State. They must not be published in the German language.

(c) All financial interests in or in any way affecting German newspapers shall be forbidden to non-Germans by law, and we demand that the punishment for transgressing this law be the immediate suppression of the newspaper and the expulsion of the non-Germans from the Reich.

Newspapers transgressing against the common welfare shall be suppressed. We demand legal action against those tendencies in art and literature that have a disruptive influence upon the life of our folk, and that any organizations that offend against the foregoing demands shall be dissolved.
http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/r ... points.htm
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Milo

Post by Milo » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:41 pm

Booklady wrote:Trump asks Congress to investigate possible intel leaks to NBC News
President-elect Trump has asked Congress to investigate whether classified intelligence regarding Russia's hack-and-release operations during the 2016 election was shared with NBC News this week.

"I am asking the chairs of the House and Senate committees to investigate top secret intelligence shared with NBC prior to me seeing it," the incoming Republican president tweeted Friday morning, just before receiving a briefing from top intelligence officials about a report on Moscow's cyber activity that was delivered to President Obama earlier this week.
Donald J. Trump
Verified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
I am asking the chairs of the House and Senate committees to investigate top secret intelligence shared with NBC prior to me seeing it.

:shock:
But I thought it was fake?

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:51 pm

Sertorio wrote:If Russia is in any way responsible for Hillary's defeat I think we must publicly thank Russia and Putin for having made the world a lot safer!... :lol:
Do you feel safer with Trump in charge? Well, I don't!