Forum Funding

A place to discuss the future of this Place
Doc

Forum Funding

Post by Doc » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:25 pm

Passing this along from the Davosman finance committee
The hosting services for this forum are due to expire next month. It makes nothing in terms of revenue so somebody has to pay to keep it online. We would like to keep the forum running but in the current situation funding has dried up, so we're asking for donations from you, the members, to keep it going.

Every little helps, though the target is $100. You can pay via PayPal to headoffice@huahinmedia.com or Bitcoin to the following address: 15HxVp4PWa8hedWL2AT8VtU1QQyy2XndLv (if using this method please double check you've entered the address exactly as shown).

Thanks in advance for anything you can provide, we hope to still be here this time next year! You can PM one of the administrators or moderators if you would like them to know you have donated or reply to this thread.
The team
Davosman.org"
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Doc

Re: Forum Funding

Post by Doc » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:35 pm

Doc wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:25 pm
Passing this along from the Davosman finance committee
The hosting services for this forum are due to expire next month. It makes nothing in terms of revenue so somebody has to pay to keep it online. We would like to keep the forum running but in the current situation funding has dried up, so we're asking for donations from you, the members, to keep it going.

Every little helps, though the target is $100. You can pay via PayPal to headoffice@huahinmedia.com or Bitcoin to the following address: 15HxVp4PWa8hedWL2AT8VtU1QQyy2XndLv (if using this method please double check you've entered the address exactly as shown).

Thanks in advance for anything you can provide, we hope to still be here this time next year! You can PM one of the administrators or moderators if you would like them to know you have donated or reply to this thread.
The team
Davosman.org"
Bump
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

DavAdmin
Site Admin

Post by DavAdmin » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:10 pm

We would like to thank the single donor for keeping this forum afloat.

We will be changing hosting providers over the next couple of days so there may be a little downtime during the transfer.

Dr. Zaius

Post by Dr. Zaius » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:40 pm

Yes, thanks to the ONE donor who covered most of the tab for the rest of you.

Truly, some of you should be ashamed that you can't scrounge up the price of a beer or a six pack for the bartender here to help pay the rent, once in a blue moon. Long winded some of you, but a bit light in buying a round, it seems.

I guess the help here will have to come up with the last $30, so DAVAdmin doesn't have to, since he does all the boards hosting management, including spending hours of his spare time moving the forum for us. And he doesn't even use it much. He does it to help keep this old Spengler folks' nursing home alive, I think.

So, chip in and help keep the place running, if you like coming to it. Or not.

Every little bit helps, though the target is $100. You can pay via PayPal to headoffice@huahinmedia.com or Bitcoin to the following address: 15HxVp4PWa8hedWL2AT8VtU1QQyy2XndLv (if using this method please double check you've entered the address exactly as shown).
You are right, I have always known about man. From the evidence, I believe his wisdom must walk hand and hand with his idiocy. His emotions must rule his brain. He must be a warlike creature who gives battle to everything around him, even himself.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:54 am

Dr. Zaius wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:40 pm
Yes, thanks to the ONE donor who covered most of the tab for the rest of you.

Truly, some of you should be ashamed that you can't scrounge up the price of a beer or a six pack for the bartender here to help pay the rent, once in a blue moon. Long winded some of you, but a bit light in buying a round, it seems.

I guess the help here will have to come up with the last $30, so DAVAdmin doesn't have to, since he does all the boards hosting management, including spending hours of his spare time moving the forum for us. And he doesn't even use it much. He does it to help keep this old Spengler folks' nursing home alive, I think.

So, chip in and help keep the place running, if you like coming to it. Or not.

Every little bit helps, though the target is $100. You can pay via PayPal to headoffice@huahinmedia.com or Bitcoin to the following address: 15HxVp4PWa8hedWL2AT8VtU1QQyy2XndLv (if using this method please double check you've entered the address exactly as shown).

Dear Dr, Zaius,

While I understand your concern for the continuing solvency of this website I would suggest that instead of scolding users for not coughimg up donated money as you might have wished ("some of you should be ashamed" etc): you should be thankful to God that the one doner was moved to bail The New Place out of financial difficulties. Since you know nothing about the financial circumstances of any of the regulars (which in at least some cases might be quite straitened) you are wrong to presume that everyone is sufficiently well endowed with spare cash.

I donated what I could affford - my prayers.

I would therefore count that timely arrival of that substantal donation as an act of diving mercy. If you do not believe in divine mercy then you should try it out. :D

Regards, JG (Neverfail).

DavAdmin
Site Admin

Post by DavAdmin » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:03 pm

The forum will be migrated to the new server at 12pm EST on Sunday July 5th.

Access may be patchy for 24 hours after this while the domain name resolves to its new home.

Milo

Post by Milo » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:23 pm

DavAdmin wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:03 pm

Access may be patchy for 24 hours after this while the domain name resolves to its new home.
Thank you for your great work!

Doc

Post by Doc » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:41 am

Milo wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:23 pm
DavAdmin wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:03 pm

Thank you for your great work!
Seconded. Thanks DavAdmin !!