Bronze Age Mindset

High Culture, Religion, Philosophy and Esoterica.
Apollonius

Bronze Age Mindset

Post by Apollonius » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:36 pm

Are the kids al(t) right? - Michael Anton, Claremont Review of Books, 14 August 2019
https://www.claremont.org/crb/article/a ... -altright/

Review of: Bronze Age Mindset by Bronze Age Pervert (independenly published, 2018)

The strongest and easiest objections to make to Bronze Age Mindset are that it is “racist,” “anti-Semitic,” “anti-democratic,” “misogynistic,” and “homophobic.” And indeed, BAP delights in generalizing. The fact that he generalizes in neutral or positive ways at least as much as in negative ones won’t matter. In the current year, saying good things about good groups is good; saying bad things about bad groups is good; saying anything else about anyone else is bad. And yet very little—if anything—BAP says is more outrageous than even the mid-level outrages of Machiavelli or Nietzsche, and most is quite a bit gentler than what one finds in Marx, Lenin, Mao, Sayyid Qutb, Guevara, Alinsky, Foucault, or any number of fanatics whose screeds are taught in elite universities.

[...]

And I have more bad news for my fellow conservatives: the talented kids who’ve found this book aren’t listening to us. It doesn’t matter whether they aren’t listening because they found the book, or they found the book because they aren’t listening. The fact remains that all our earnest explanations of the true meaning of equality, how it comports with nature, how it can answer their dissatisfactions, and how it’s been corrupted—none of that has made a dent.

This—of course—doesn’t mean that we should abandon our understanding. Truth is truth, and if we’re right, we’re right. But it does mean that we need to acknowledge a serious rhetorical deficiency that we’ve not even begun to learn how to overcome. In the spiritual war for the hearts and minds of the disaffected youth on the right, conservatism is losing. BAPism is winning.

lzzrdgrrl

Re: Bronze Age Mindset

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:55 pm

But you also should read the comments.....'>........
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

Doc

Re: Bronze Age Mindset

Post by Doc » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:10 pm

Apollonius wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:36 pm
Are the kids al(t) right? - Michael Anton, Claremont Review of Books, 14 August 2019
https://www.claremont.org/crb/article/a ... -altright/

Review of: Bronze Age Mindset by Bronze Age Pervert (independenly published, 2018)

The strongest and easiest objections to make to Bronze Age Mindset are that it is “racist,” “anti-Semitic,” “anti-democratic,” “misogynistic,” and “homophobic.” And indeed, BAP delights in generalizing. The fact that he generalizes in neutral or positive ways at least as much as in negative ones won’t matter. In the current year, saying good things about good groups is good; saying bad things about bad groups is good; saying anything else about anyone else is bad. And yet very little—if anything—BAP says is more outrageous than even the mid-level outrages of Machiavelli or Nietzsche, and most is quite a bit gentler than what one finds in Marx, Lenin, Mao, Sayyid Qutb, Guevara, Alinsky, Foucault, or any number of fanatics whose screeds are taught in elite universities.

[...]

And I have more bad news for my fellow conservatives: the talented kids who’ve found this book aren’t listening to us. It doesn’t matter whether they aren’t listening because they found the book, or they found the book because they aren’t listening. The fact remains that all our earnest explanations of the true meaning of equality, how it comports with nature, how it can answer their dissatisfactions, and how it’s been corrupted—none of that has made a dent.

This—of course—doesn’t mean that we should abandon our understanding. Truth is truth, and if we’re right, we’re right. But it does mean that we need to acknowledge a serious rhetorical deficiency that we’ve not even begun to learn how to overcome. In the spiritual war for the hearts and minds of the disaffected youth on the right, conservatism is losing. BAPism is winning.
When I first saw this I thought about Tanning Salons. AS Tanning Salons have mostly gone out of business does that mean we are now in the post Bronze age? :P

From what I have seen in my life the younger generation generally has even younger siblings that think their older siblings are full of it and boring.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros