Message to AOC:Concentrate not concentration

Discussion of current events
Doc

Message to AOC:Concentrate not concentration

Post by Doc » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:53 pm

For those that missed it:

https://www.jpost.com/American-Politics ... mps-592895
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez says U.S. running 'concentration camps' on border
Experts say that so far, what the US is doing on its southern border with the migrants "is similar to some prior [concentration camp] systems."
By Ilanit Chernick
June 18, 2019 16:47
3 minute read.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) looks on during a march organised by the Women's March Alliance

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) looks on during a march organised by the Women's March Alliance in the Manhattan borough of New York City, U.S., January 19, 2019. (photo credit: CAITLIN OCHS/REUTERS)

Democratic congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has equated the migrant camps set up on the US-Mexico border with Nazi concentration camps.

Speaking to her followers on Instagram on Monday, Ocasio-Cortez said that the “United States is running concentration camps on our southern border.”
“That is exactly what they are: they are concentration camps and if that doesn’t bother you, then [I don’t know],” she said as she gestured, adding that she was speaking to those who “are concerned enough with humanity to say that ‘Never Again’ means something and... that concentration camps are now an institutionalized practice in the Home of the Free [United States].”

"Never Again" is a common phrase used when pledging to never allow the atrocities experienced in the Holocaust to occur again.

“We need to do something about it,” she told her viewers. “This is not just about the immigrant communities being held in concentration camps, it’s a crisis of if America will remain America in its actual principles and values.”

She made it clear that she didn’t make such comparisons lightly.

"I don't use those words lightly," Ocasio-Cortez explained. "I don't use those words to just throw bombs.”

“I use that word because that is what an administration that creates concentration camps is,” she said, highlighting that a presidency that “creates concentration camps is fascist, and it's very difficult to say that."

Earlier this month, author and expert on the history of concentration camps Andrea Pitzer explained to Esquire that the definition of a concentration camp is mass detention of civilians without trial, exactly what she said is happening in the US southern border.
Reply from,a concentration camp survivor:

“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

cassowary

Re: Message to AOC:Concentrate not concentration

Post by cassowary » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:28 am

Doc wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:53 pm

Experts say that so far, what the US is doing on its southern border with the migrants "is similar to some prior [concentration camp] systems."
By Ilanit Chernick
3 minute read.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) looks on during a march organised by the Women's March Alliance

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) looks on during a march organised by the Women's March Alliance in the Manhattan borough of New York City, U.S., January 19, 2019. (photo credit: CAITLIN OCHS/REUTERS)

Democratic congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has equated the migrant camps set up on the US-Mexico border with Nazi concentration camps.

Speaking to her followers on Instagram on Monday, Ocasio-Cortez said that the “United States is running concentration camps on our southern border.”
“That is exactly what they are: they are concentration camps and if that doesn’t bother you, then [I don’t know],” she said as she gestured, adding that she was speaking to those who “are concerned enough with humanity to say that ‘Never Again’ means something and... that concentration camps are now an institutionalized practice in the Home of the Free [United States].”

"Never Again" is a common phrase used when pledging to never allow the atrocities experienced in the Holocaust to occur again.

“We need to do something about it,” she told her viewers. “This is not just about the immigrant communities being held in concentration camps, it’s a crisis of if America will remain America in its actual principles and values.”

"I don't use those words lightly," Ocasio-Cortez explained. "I don't use those words to just throw bombs.”

“I use that word because that is what an administration that creates concentration camps is,” she said, highlighting that a presidency that “creates concentration camps is fascist, and it's very difficult to say that."

Earlier this month, author and expert on the history of concentration camps Andrea Pitzer explained to Esquire that the definition of a concentration camp is mass detention of civilians without trial, exactly what she said is happening in the US southern border.

AOC is a crackpot. Does anyone pay attention to her?
The Imp :D

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:43 pm

cassowary wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:28 am
Doc wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:53 pm

By Ilanit Chernick
3 minute read.

AOC is a crackpot. Does anyone pay attention to her?
With her I think it is all about attention. Plus she has several million followers on social media. That is why Pelosi is having a hard time dealing with her.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Milo

Post by Milo » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:12 pm

Fox News announced Wednesday the debut of a new premium television channel that will offer continuous, around-the-clock updates on Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY). “For an extra $8.99 per month, you’ll have an all-access pass to the AOC Zone, which features wall-to-wall coverage of every word Ocasio-Cortez utters, as well as in-depth analysis of her wardrobe and any videos we’re able to dig up from her college days,” said Fox spokesperson Avery Mattison, adding that the new channel will include uninterrupted live footage of the 29-year-old representative every time she appears in public, along with nonstop commentary from a 12-person panel of experts. “We know our viewers will come to depend on this outlet for 24-hour coverage of AOC, which is why her tweets, Instagram posts, and her latest wacky policy proposals will appear in a ticker at the bottom of the screen. We’re particularly excited for the premiere of the channel’s flagship program, AOC Tonight With Tucker Carlson.” Minutes after AOC Zone began broadcasting, sources confirmed its ratings had already surpassed those of Fox News.
https://www.theonion.com/fox-news-debut ... 1831814505

Doc

Post by Doc » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:38 am

Milo wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:12 pm
Fox News announced Wednesday the debut of a new premium television channel that will offer continuous, around-the-clock updates on Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY). “For an extra $8.99 per month, you’ll have an all-access pass to the AOC Zone, which features wall-to-wall coverage of every word Ocasio-Cortez utters, as well as in-depth analysis of her wardrobe and any videos we’re able to dig up from her college days,” said Fox spokesperson Avery Mattison, adding that the new channel will include uninterrupted live footage of the 29-year-old representative every time she appears in public, along with nonstop commentary from a 12-person panel of experts. “We know our viewers will come to depend on this outlet for 24-hour coverage of AOC, which is why her tweets, Instagram posts, and her latest wacky policy proposals will appear in a ticker at the bottom of the screen. We’re particularly excited for the premiere of the channel’s flagship program, AOC Tonight With Tucker Carlson.” Minutes after AOC Zone began broadcasting, sources confirmed its ratings had already surpassed those of Fox News.
https://www.theonion.com/fox-news-debut ... 1831814505
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lzzrdgrrl

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:45 am

I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

Doc

Post by Doc » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:36 am

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:45 am
Well, she doubled down on it:

https://pjmedia.com/trending/ocasio-cor ... be-border/
Some one needs to tell this woman "Never Again"

lzzrdgrrl

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:17 am

I left a comment on the Disqus stream that AOC needs to learn what the term 'sacred' means, and she doesn't get to be the arbiter of what values are held out and above other values or what the words even mean......

I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

Doc

Post by Doc » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:12 pm

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:17 am
I left a comment on the Disqus stream that AOC needs to learn what the term 'sacred' means, and she doesn't get to be the arbiter of what values are held out and above other values or what the words even mean......

I heard CBS is giving AOC her own show to talk about what she knows about the world. It will be titled "60 Seconds"

Milo

Post by Milo » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:04 pm

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) on Sunday lashed back at Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) after he suggested she accept an open invitation from a Holocaust remembrance group to tour Auschwitz and other Nazi concentration camps during summer recess.

“@AOC I went to Auschwitz & Birkenau with Eddie Mausberg & Jonny Daniels with In the Depths,” King wrote on Saturday. “I went with a deep understanding of the Shoah and had a profound personal experience. Please accept their offer.”

The New York Democrat, known for her Twitter ripostes, responded on Sunday: “The last time you went on this trip it was reported that you also met w/ fringe Austrian neo-Nazi groups to talk shop.”

“I’m going to have to decline your invite,” she tweeted. “But thank you for revealing to all how transparently the far-right manipulates these moments for political gain.”

Before declining the invitation, Ocasio-Cortez also took jabs at the Iowa Republican over his defense of the terms “white supremacist” and “white nationalist” during a New York Times interview.

“Mr. King, the Republican Party literally stripped you of your Congressional committee assignments because you were too racist even for them,” she wrote on Twitter. “My Jewish constituents have made clear to me that they proudly stand w/ caged children who are starved, denied sleep & sanitation” — a reference to migrants at the U.S.-Mexico border.
https://news.yahoo.com/ocasio-cortez-st ... 39794.html