Attempted Assassination of House Majority Whip - The Madhouse isn't funny any more

Discussion of current events
SteveFoerster

Re: Attempted Assassination of House Majority Whip - The Madhouse isn't funny any more

Post by SteveFoerster » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:45 am

Doc wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:44 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:05 am
I have the feeling there are quite a few people who aren't sad at all about a Republican Congressman getting shot, and just know better than publicly to admit it. This is not a criticism of Democrats, though, because I think in the reverse case the same would be true.
I disagree with he last bit. Obama was president for 8 years I don't recall anything remotely like this.
There were Republicans who thought that Gabby Giffords getting shot was eminently shrugworthy.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

armchair_pundit

Re: Attempted Assassination of House Majority Whip - The Madhouse isn't funny any more

Post by armchair_pundit » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:05 am

Sertorio wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:25 am
Good I am not a leader of a terrorist organization... :twisted:
I hate to admit it, but one of my first thoughts in the horrific Grenfell Tower fire in Britain was: terrorism?

There are so many soft underbelly targets, we are fortunate they have been unable to realize attacks on many.

Any of the older medium-high rise residential buildings are tinderboxes waiting for ignition. A terrorist or 2 with flats in the building could pack them with propane tanks, gasoline, etc... and start an inferno... Or ram a fuel truck into one.

As Trump said, it is time to drive out the "radical" ideology wherever it may be found, before its too late. Once the really horrific terrorist attacks start to mount, Islam will reap an apocalyptic whirlwind.

Doc

Post by Doc » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:26 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:45 am
Doc wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:44 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:05 am
I have the feeling there are quite a few people who aren't sad at all about a Republican Congressman getting shot, and just know better than publicly to admit it. This is not a criticism of Democrats, though, because I think in the reverse case the same would be true.
I disagree with he last bit. Obama was president for 8 years I don't recall anything remotely like this.
There were Republicans who thought that Gabby Giffords getting shot was eminently shrugworthy.
I don't recall seeing anyone do that. I do see that the NYT ran a story claiming the the Alexandria shooting was all Sarah Palin's fault. Which the NYT hastily ran a disclaimer for after it became apparent that the times made a critical legal mistake and are now subject to to being sued for libel.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/15/nyt-c ... rah-palin/

NYT Columnists Admit Their Paper Smeared Sarah Palin

Which is the kind of BS I distinctly remember after the Giffords shooting

Now that I think of it I remember people cheering gleefully when Reagan was shot.
The classes and the races to weak to master the new conditions of life must give way {..} They must perish in the revolutionary holocaust --Karl Marx

Booklady

Re: Words of wisdom from the President of the U.S.A.

Post by Booklady » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:37 am

Alexis wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:02 am

I leave y'all American citizens standing to attention, listen to the national anthem, salute the flag, and remember that you love your fellow Americans even those darn rightists / leftists. :P

Then, and only then, you can resume your quarrels, to your heart's content. :mrgreen:
Very perceptive advice, Alexis, and for the most part about half of Americans are happy to do that. Unfortunately, there are forces who are trying to render void the election of 2016.

Two observations for you, Alexis.

1. While we have a press free from governmental coercion, it is a radically politically biased press, leaning towards the progressive left. No question about this, it is so biased that they create the narrative, providing viewers with skewed fact, or no facts at all, FAKE NEWS. Our press is owned by six mega-corporations and these companies are publishing the agenda they want. This press is partly to blame for what happened yesterday, IMHO.

2. Generally, in the past, every four years we have a bloodless revolution where members of each political party try to convince the voters that they are the better candidate. The winner goes on to administer the country as POTUS. The loser, generally goes off and writes a book, and waits for the next election. Past presidents who have no terms left, disappear from public view, and mighty glad they are, too. Except this time around.

This time is different

--Trump won the 2016 election. :shock: :shock: :shock:

--worse, Trump claims to want to drain the Swamp of its corrosive corruption: an act that displeases both the Deep State and the GOPe or #nevertrumpers;

--the losing party, the DNC, instead of retiring to quietly contemplate why a "carnival barker" was able to form a successful campaign and beat them, has instead, gone bersek. They are pushing #Resistance, by any means possible, including violence;

--the losing candidate, Hillary Clinton, is carrying around the burial casket of what once was the cadaver of her unsuccessful campaign; and blaming just about everyone, but herself, for her loss at the polls;

-- the past president, Barrack Obama, before leaving office, urged activism and active resistance against the new Trump administration. He also encouraged those left in power to share information. Going so far as to form a "shadow government, in his new White House home in D.C.;

--the biased mainstream press, is front and center vociferously spewing Fake news stories 24/7. Hammering narratives on the frail psyche of the left, to resist. Having embraced the tenets of Cultural Marxism and political correctness, these left-wing progressives have worked too hard to lose all they have achieved.

--the academy, long a bastion of the progressive left, gave birth to the fascist, ANTIFA, movement, resorting to violence to gain their ends. I urge you to see Stein's video I placed here;

-- Hollywood celebrities, are out using their skills to behead effigies of Trump, dramatically calling for violence and mayhem against the new resident of the White House, and now staging a Shakespearean play, Julius Cesar, played by an actor made-up and dressed to look like Trump, and murdering him onstage. :shock:

I pray that those hurt yesterday, will survive this attack.
A saucer of cream will do for me, thank you for your kindness.

Milo

Post by Milo » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:28 pm

Booklady wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:37 am
Alexis wrote:

I leave y'all American citizens standing to attention, listen to the national anthem, salute the flag, and remember that you love your fellow Americans even those darn rightists / leftists. :P

Then, and only then, you can resume your quarrels, to your heart's content. :mrgreen:
Very perceptive advice, Alexis, and for the most part about half of Americans are happy to do that. Unfortunately, there are forces who are trying to render void the election of 2016.

1. While we have a press free from governmental coercion, it is a radically politically biased press, leaning towards the progressive left. No question about this, it is so biased that they create the narrative, providing viewers with skewed fact, or no facts at all, FAKE NEWS. Our press is owned by six mega-corporations and these companies are publishing the agenda they want. This press is partly to blame for what happened yesterday, IMHO.

2. Generally, in the past, every four years we have a bloodless revolution where members of each political party try to convince the voters that they are the better candidate. The winner goes on to administer the country as POTUS. The loser, generally goes off and writes a book, and waits for the next election. Past presidents who have no terms left, disappear from public view, and mighty glad they are, too. Except this time around.

This time is different

--worse, Trump claims to want to drain the Swamp of its corrosive corruption: an act that displeases both the Deep State and the GOPe or #nevertrumpers;

--the losing party, the DNC, instead of retiring to quietly contemplate why a "carnival barker" was able to form a successful campaign and beat them, has instead, gone bersek. They are pushing #Resistance, by any means possible, including violence;

--the losing candidate, Hillary Clinton, is carrying around the burial casket of what once was the cadaver of her unsuccessful campaign; and blaming just about everyone, but herself, for her loss at the polls;

-- the past president, Barrack Obama, before leaving office, urged activism and active resistance against the new Trump administration. He also encouraged those left in power to share information. Going so far as to form a "shadow government, in his new White House home in D.C.;

--the biased mainstream press, is front and center vociferously spewing Fake news stories 24/7. Hammering narratives on the frail psyche of the left, to resist. Having embraced the tenets of Cultural Marxism and political correctness, these left-wing progressives have worked too hard to lose all they have achieved.

--the academy, long a bastion of the progressive left, gave birth to the fascist, ANTIFA, movement, resorting to violence to gain their ends. I urge you to see Stein's video I placed here;

-- Hollywood celebrities, are out using their skills to behead effigies of Trump, dramatically calling for violence and mayhem against the new resident of the White House, and now staging a Shakespearean play, Julius Cesar, played by an actor made-up and dressed to look like Trump, and murdering him onstage. :shock:

Trump is enough of a pussy, you don't have to whine for him too.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:42 pm

armchair_pundit wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:05 am
Sertorio wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:25 am
Good I am not a leader of a terrorist organization... :twisted:
I hate to admit it, but one of my first thoughts in the horrific Grenfell Tower fire in Britain was: terrorism?

There are so many soft underbelly targets, we are fortunate they have been unable to realize attacks on many.

Any of the older medium-high rise residential buildings are tinderboxes waiting for ignition. A terrorist or 2 with flats in the building could pack them with propane tanks, gasoline, etc... and start an inferno... Or ram a fuel truck into one.

As Trump said, it is time to drive out the "radical" ideology wherever it may be found, before its too late. Once the really horrific terrorist attacks start to mount, Islam will reap an apocalyptic whirlwind.
The GrenfellTower fire was not the work of terrorists. It was the work of contractors and governments which have wanted to save a few pounds at the expense of safety. Inferior, flamable materials and lack of sprinklers caused that fire to reach immense proportions. Any civilized country should make sure that their legislation wouldn't allow such criminal behaviour. But greater profits for the building speculators are more important mainly to conservative/rightist governements than the lives and safety of the poor and lower middle classes. That's one of the reasons people in the UK will increasingly vote for Labour...

Booklady

Post by Booklady » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:15 pm

Milo wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:28 pm
Booklady wrote:
Alexis wrote:

This time is different

Is it your time of month, Milo?
A saucer of cream will do for me, thank you for your kindness.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:54 pm

Milo wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:28 pm
Booklady wrote:
Alexis wrote:

This time is different

Milo,

After a long and well-reasoned post from Booklady, all you got is an insult. That means you have no counter-argument.

Doc

Post by Doc » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:29 am

CBS News: Majority whip's shooting "Self-Inflicted"

The classes and the races to weak to master the new conditions of life must give way {..} They must perish in the revolutionary holocaust --Karl Marx

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:21 am

Doc wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:29 am
CBS News: Majority whip's shooting "Self-Inflicted"

Okay, "self-inflicted" is a terrible choice of words, but if one actually listens to the whole thing, what he says makes sense.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac